Saturday, August 10, 2013

Good afternoon, everyone!   I've wanted to post on here for a while, but am finally figuring out how to do it!  I'm so excited that we are going to be able to share teaching ideas, stories, and materials with you through this blog.  

This week, Kelli and I have been extremely busy setting up our classrooms in our new school.  After a lot of hard work, they are starting to take shape!  August is the most exciting, and most stressful, time of the year for me.  Of course I can't wait to meet my new students, but I am always very anxious about those first few days of school, setting routines and learning names.  Does anyone else feel that way?   

Kelli and I are working together to find fun, interactive activities for the first week of school as we get to know our 46 fourth graders.  Since I'll be teaching Math this year, I plan on completing "Math About Me" with my students on the second day of school to show them how important numbers are in their lives.  What are some of your favorite activities for the first week of school?  How do you get to know your students?  We'd love to hear from you!  

Have a great Saturday! 
~Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment